For the blog post today (sorry we’ve been a bit AWOL – Telstra has been mucking us around with NBN!!!!!), we’re going to look at the Supinated Tricep Pushdown.
This is one of my favourite tricep exercises, because by gripping the bar with your palms facing upwards, you get a little bit of forearm action as well!
Here’s a step by step guide to this exercise:
- Start by setting the straight bar up so the pulley is at eye level or slightly higher.
- Facing the attachment, grip the bar with your palms facing up (this is your supinated grip).
- Lower the bar until your arms are fully extended (elbows straight!) by your sides. Tip: Your elbow should be in your sides with the whole movement, and your feet should be approximately shoulder width
- Return the bar up so it aligns with your chest (BUT YOUR ELBOWS DON’T MOVE!)
- You should be feeling this burn in your triceps! Repeat for the recommended amount of reps.
See this video for how to do it!
- Em xx